- What is National Close the Gap Day?
- Who holds National Close the Gap Day events?
- How to get involved with Close the Gap?
- Join Us for the Close the Gap Campaign Report Launch Via a Public Webinar 18th March 2021.
- Follow Close the Gap on social media.
Claystone Marketing Supports Close the Gap 2021
Please note in 2021 Claystone Marketing sponsored the Close the Gap Save a date tiles and Colin Cowell on behalf of Claystone Marketing manages the @ClosetheGapOZ Twitter account for the month increasing the followers to 10,000
What is National Close the Gap Day event?
National Close the Gap Day will take place on Thursday, 18 March 2021.
National Close the Gap Day (NCTGD) is a national day of action to pledge support for achieving Indigenous health equality by 2030. Over 250,000 people have participated in National Close the Gap Day events right across the country.
Organising and running a National Close the Gap Day activity is easy and fun.
Each activity plays an important role. By spreading the word, collecting pledges and showing your support, you will help hold governments to account on their commitment towards health equality for all Australians.
Your National Close the Gap Day activity can be any size and shape, even held on a day of your choosing – whatever suits you.
What is most important is that you take part and help us demand health equality for First Peoples of Australia.
Who holds National Close the Gap Day events?
- Workplaces: Express your support for fair health and wellbeing outcomes for all Australians as a team and deliver a positive health message to colleagues. Aligning your organisation with National Close the Gap Day will put your corporate values into action and deliver a positive health message to colleagues.
- Schools: All schools in Australia can be supporters and encourage participation in National Close the Gap Day in their own community. Visit our Schools Toolkit for a list of event ideas and curriculum resources.
- Sports clubs: Consider holding a National Close the Gap Day competition or round.
How to get involved with National Closing the Gap Day?
Visit the ANTaR webpage below to get involved:
Join Us for the Close the Gap Campaign Report Launch Via a Public Webinar 18th March 2021.
Join us on National Close the Gap Day for the launch of
“Leadership & Legacy through crises: keeping our mob safe”,
The Close the Gap Campaign report written by the Lowitja Institute.
1.Close the Gap Campaign co-Chairs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner June Oscar AO and National Association of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker & Practitioners (NAATSIHWP) CEO Karl Briscoe,
2.Minister for Indigenous Australians The Hon Ken Wyatt AM MP, Janine Mohamed, CEO of Lowitja Institute and special guest Sir Michael Marmot, for a discussion of the report’s major findings.
3.The MC is award-winning ABC journalist Dan Bouchier and hosted by the Australia Institute in support of the Close the Gap Campaign.
Follow Close the Gap on social media: